Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some thoughts before the results of Day 1

I started this experiment by emailing around 20 people I know, asking them to check out this site, and forward the link to their friends. My intention was that at least some of these people would comply with my humble request, thus sending the link to other people, who will visit the site, and these new visitors will send the link forward, and so on, and so on, until the experiment would be successful – people from all around the world will visit the site. I don’t know how well it went yet, but I can only guess from the feedback that I received so far. I got one positive reaction, but also a few questions from people who didn’t understand what this was about. As a result, I’ve changed the text in my first post a bit, in hopes that it would help.

I took another action, by posting my experiment story, and link, in an internet forum that I regularly participate in. The first reaction was one of suspicion, asking other people to check the experiment site for any malware!

So, from this I gather that people may not understand my intentions, or even fear accessing the web site. That is not good for the experiment…

Another issue is that I’m running out of sources. I won’t send the link again to the same contacts. If people misunderstand this, or don’t want to take a part in this, they are a source which cannot help the experiment anymore.

So, what happened today? I will post the full results later, but I had 46 visits from 35 unique visitors. Most of them from one country, so, it’s not very encouraging so far. However, my hope is that some of these people will help me spread the word.

Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment